Here are some points
• We use more water in the summer when
rivers can least spare it.
• If a river dries up it takes up to 2
years to recover.
• Good river levels in the summer holidays
give us a healthy river all year with lots of wildlife.
• 52% of all the water supplied is used
• You can help to protect our rivers now
by changing the way you use water in the summer months.
• For example:
Have showers instead of baths all summer
Do not use a hose to wash the car in July, August or September
Use bath or vegetable washing water on the flower beds
Let the grass die back in summer – do not water it
Do not use a garden sprinkler in the summer holidays
Make sure the dishwater and washing machines have full loads before
you turn them on.
Have a look at some of the exercises in this
section (E08a to e) for more ideas about
See the Water Efficiency Summary Sheet